Monday, January 26, 2009


On Saturday we had a really fun day.

We started with lunch and the Discovery Gateway Museum with KC, Tiffany, Kaden and P-Bo. The plan was to get our membership that we got as a Christmas gift from my mom, but I forgot the paperwork. They were awesome about it though and gave us a free day pass. The kids had a blast, it was so fun to watch them just run around and try everything out. I found it interesting to watch how the kids split up and went to very different activities, and would stay there as long as we would let them.
James' favorite parts were driving in the police car dressed up as fireman and gathering the mail - I haven't decided if he was a little confused or just rather creative :), and playing in the helicopter - he would have definitely stayed there as long as I would have let him. The rain stopped him from staying there all day, because I was freezing.
Brooke loved the shopping area - she spent quite a bit of time filling the basket she made her daddy hold, she also had fun playing with the little doll house, although it really bothered that she couldn't find the doll.
After Kaden and P-Bo left we went into the arts and crafts area where the kids got to make there silly hats. It was really fun to see which different things they picked to go on there hats and how they wanted to put them together.

When we finished at the museum we went to Target and spent a gift card we received for Christmas, each of the kids got to pick out a toy. I always think it is interesting when we let the kids go free in the toy aisle, some of the things they pick are quite interesting. Brooke kept gravitating towards the Thomas Train stuff, which really surprised me, although her final choice of a dolly did not surprise me at all. James on the other hand picked out a Little Einsteins rocket on the first aisle, and did not waver even a little bit. We looked at a lot of other things that I thought would have him changing his mind - but a rocket it was.

I think one of the best parts was a whole day with daddy. Gene has had to work a lot since he got his promotion, and the kids are usually asleep during the week when we are all home at the same time. So some family time was exactly what we needed.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: